Long Day Off
Today was the only weekend day I am scheduled off for all month. That's a little humorous to me because the Boys all have at least four each, and two of them even have a whole weekend off at once.
Well it just so happens that (of course) there was a mandatory meeting scheduled for this evening that everyone in the district had to attend. I already had plans for the evening, it being my DAY OFF, so I was told I could go to the morning meeting.
So this morning I contacted the Idiot to make sure I would show up at the right location. The evening meeting was supposed to be at a store near Highland Mall. That's a fairly long haul from Round Rock, but I was willing to make that drive. Well I found out that the meeting I was scheduled to attend was to be held way down south on Slaughter Lane! For those of you not familiar with the area, that's like a 40 minute drive straight down the interstate from me.
Luckily, it's Sunday today because if it were a weekday with normal traffic it would have taken me two hours to get there. It was early. (I had to be there by 9:30, on my day off, that's early) It was raining. (Between raining and drizzling the whole trip.) And it cost me about a quarter of a tank of gas. (Thank you Ford Ranger for being so fuel efficient!)
But the meeting did let out early, and I was home before noon. I changed into flip-flops and off we went to Georgetown (twenty minutes the other way) to visit with Mike's family and get more info on the Baby Shower. That was much better! That is what I had planned to do all along, I had just planned to sleep in a little before hand.
So now we have a date for the shower, and a partial list of guests. (I didn't manage to get addresses for the guests Mom suggested, but there's still a bit of time before the invites need to go out.) We also picked what type of pie to have for Thanksgiving.
Mike's mother bakes the most wonderful pies and she lets everyone pick a flavor, then she makes cinnamon rolls out of the leftover crust. I'm going to have to get her to teach me how to make pie crust, I always have to buy it because I can't make it very well. But I'm talking like I bake a lot. I have made one fruit pie, two chicken pies, and two cheesecakes in my entire life! Although from the reviews I got from everyone, maybe I should bake more often.
After all of that, and just thinking about making another cheesecake, I'm EXHAUSTED! I didn't even have the energy to go to Cedar Park and visit with Jazz and everyone. I feel bad because I didn't call either. I'm a terrible friend! (But I do have a hat to pick up and deliver to her, so I MUST make it out to see her.)
Mike and I will be joining the family for a special day at the UT women's soccer game on Friday, so I will see them all then, if not sooner. (If I end up on disability, I will have all sorts of time on my hands!)
I guess I should call it Maternity Leave, because disability just doesn't sound right. I'm not an invalid, I'm just preggers and having cramps and can't lift anything and can't walk too far and need to stay off my feet, that's all.
Good Night to all. We all need our rest more than we think.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home