Saturday, October 07, 2006

Butterflies

Monarchs must be migrating right now. I have probably had about a hundred butterflies hit my windshield in the past two days. Yesterday, I was in Cedar Park visiting Heather and Jazz. Right at the intersection of Parmer and 1431, there were hundreds of butterflies fluttering down the road! They sure picked a bad route. I'm sure more than half of them ended up flattened in the front of people's cars.

It always makes me feel guilty when I run into a butterfly. I think it may have something to do with being named after one. I've always felt connected to them for some strange reason.

The Vanessa butterfly comes in many different colors ranging from brown to red.













This last picture is the one I took in to the tattoo shop to be permanently seated on my lower back. Here's how well THAT turned out!

The artist was a little full of himself and he messed up and used orange instead of red. It's a little hard to tell because that picture was taken as soon as we got home and it's a little puffy. I ended up with scar tissue in the tribal design and the butterfly, MY butterfly is a little off. I think it looks like a plain old monarch, but everyone tells me it's not as bad as I think. I figure it's a good thing the tattoo is on my back, that way I don't get upset looking at it every day.

But it is pretty, even though the butterfly isn't exactly like the picture, and it was a wonderful birthday present from my sweetie!

2 Comments:

At 10:14 AM, Blogger Ronni said...

Ouch!

 
At 5:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I like it. I think your right. Butterflies are definatly in season. It's weird, I don't think I've seen so many. At least not in a long time. I am still thinking of doing this blog thing but I don't know....I don't know what to call it! Confused, Angry, what????? Hildy????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home