Embarrassing Moments
Luckily, this happened while I was at home and not out in public!
Night before last I was sitting in front of the puter writing a blog entry. I had rolled out of bed in my nightgown. Who gets dressed to type in the middle of the night? Well, all of a sudden I feel a very cold sensation on my left breast. I looked down to find that my boob had leaked a spot about the size of a quarter onto my nightgown!
I was thoroughly grossed out. How can this be happening already? I still have like three months before the baby comes! I'm not supposed to be leaking yet! What if it happens while I'm out in PUBLIC!?! I had something to change into here. I'll have to keep a clean shirt with me everywhere I go so I don't have to walk around with big ol' wet spots on my boobs.
Now I know this isn't a topic that everyone wants to read about. But the fact of the matter is that I am not a shy person and I have this strange ability to tell it like it is that has a tendency to make people believe that I am rude, or a bitch, or whatever they want to call me. And frankly, I don't give a damn!
I spent the first 15 years of my life worrying about what everybody thought of me. Then I made real friends and found out that it's OK to be myself and voice my opinions and I haven't looked back since.
So, if you don't want to read about gross pregnancy things or other highly opinionated things I may get on my soapbox about, you have the option to blog-hop someplace else. One thing I learned from my mother about blogging is that everyone will have an opinion about what I'll have to say. That's alright with me. I will even allow some people with good references to disagree with me. Hell, it's mostly only mom and her friends reading right now anyway (you guys rock!) so I don't know why I'm saying this now.
But let this be a disclaimer for any future readers.


5 Comments:
I shaved my head.
Wait till you actually get milk and it lets down.
They sell these little disposable pads to put inside your bra, but, unless they've improved them, one of those super-absorbent disposable cloths, cut into pieces that fit, is a better choice.
Pretty soon, you'll be playing Shotgun! HAHA
Hi Vanessa, I love reading your blog. You write very well, and with humor. Really enjoy it.
About your breast leaking, that is called colostrum and it is very normal during pregnancy. As the mammary glands mature, this colostrum builds up. Not everyone gets leakage, but many do. It is just the fluid used to nourish your baby the first few days until the milk lets down.
I like your mom's blog too, she seems to be a very kind and loving person. Wow, shaving her head, that is heartwarming.
PS, oops, forgot to put my name in, that was me, Maggie posting as anonymous.
I was in such a hurry to tell you about the colostrum, I didn't finish.
Also, my niece is pregnant, due in Jan. and she got these really neat breast pads that are super absorbant and soft. I don't know where she gets them, but I can ask when I see her.
Maggie
Post a Comment
<< Home