Even Longer Day Off
Yesterday, I submitted the disability paperwork to my doctor's office and they filled it out and faxed it for me. I am officially on a six month long day off. Well, it's not exactly official yet, as the claim must go through an approval process at the Disability Management Group at the corporate hell-hole.
That approval should not be an issue, especially if they talk to the Idiot.
When I brought in the paperwork, Carol, the woman in charge of filling things out at the office, asked me what it is that is making me unable to perform my job. I told her what I do, (stand on my feet all day and sell things to people... it's harder than it sounds) and what the doctor told me to do (stay off my feet and rest when I get a contraction) and surprisingly enough, she could figure out why those two things contradict.
EVERYONE has been able to figure that one out except for the Idiot!
So on my paperwork, Carol put down my reason for disability as Primary Diagnosis: pregnancy, Secondary Diagnosis: preterm labor, Symptoms: contractions. I just about fainted! I told her, "Preterm labor! That sounds so horrible!" She said it had to sound horrible or the disability group would not approve.
I have spent the last week referring to them as "cramps" or "tightenings" because my superstitious mind thinks that if I call them "contractions" they will be contractions and I don't even want to think about my little baby coming this early. PRETERM LABOR hit me like a brick because I just realized the whole keeping off my feet and resting when I get "one" has just been in my mind as what everyone tells a preggers. I had not made the connection that I am doing these things to prevent my son from being here three months early.
So I do my best to rest. I still do some things around the house and I visited Heather and Jazz yesterday. But when I get "one" I lay my ass down faster than I did when we made the baby!
Oh, and by the way, his name is no longer a super-big secret! Michael let me tell his mother when we were there on Sunday! Officially, and for the entirety of his life (unless he decides to change it legally, in which case I shall still call him by the name we gave him) our son will be known as
Ethan Michael Blevins


1 Comments:
Darling girl, we are all going to do our best to help you keep Ethan where he belongs for the next three months.
Lovely name, BTW!
I know that it shortens your maternity leave, but it's best that you take the disability now, and not risk it.
I love you, and will help out all I can.
Post a Comment
<< Home