Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Wish Me Luck!

I have been having a lot of anxiety about going back to work. I've been in touch with my manager trying to get a schedule that will allow me to pick Ethan up from daycare, and he's being a big ol' JERK about it. (Surprise, surprise.) I have a feeling he's gonna be a big ol' Jerk about everything when I go back.

I went all the way to south Austin to speak with someone at the EEOC office about how I've been treated. I was told that I would have to wait until I get back to work in order to press any charges, but that if, when I go back, I am not given the schedule I asked for, and the male employee who requested a certain schedule does, then we will have a pretty good discrimination case.

It all sounds like I am going to be under quite a bit of stress for the next few weeks.

Unless ...

My friend Amber recently started working for a flooring company in Austin. She started as a receptionist, but now she is moving to sales, similar to what she did at the Home Improvement Store. So now they need a receptionist again. It's a Monday through Friday thing, which is cool.

What is also cool is that she mentioned to the owner that I am looking for another job, and managed to get me a meeting with said owner so that we can talk about me possibly starting work there! YAY!

It would be about and extra 30 minutes of driving on top of the hour it would have taken for me to drop Ethan off at daycare and get to my Sprint store. But I think it will be worth it to not have to go back to that environment which is so caustic to my mental health. Not to mention the possibility of starting out at $12 and hour, and the possibility of moving on to sales as well.

So, wish me luck, send your prayers, think happy thoughts, and maybe it will save me from the hell that is currently in my very near future.

1 Comments:

At 8:34 AM, Blogger Ronni said...

It is all going to work out. Sprint/Nextel is not the only job in the world.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home