Tuesday, January 23, 2007

A Lesson In Motherhood

DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE, WAKE THE BABY!!!! I discovered this one the hard way. I do have quite a calm baby. He doesn't scream much, unless he's hungry. When he's hungry, he lets you know it ... loudly, just like his Mama. He nursed for quite some time (about an hour, I think) two days ago, and fell asleep with a poopy diaper. I decided it would be a good idea to change him before I put him in his cradle. BIG MISTAKE!!! He kept pooping ... all over the changing pad, all over the counter, even into the bathroom sink! I never knew that a baby could have shotgun poop, but my son does! We asked the Lactation Consultant about it and she said it was a good sign, but I still don't think its normal. Lesson learned.

2 Comments:

At 8:12 AM, Blogger Ronni said...

Heh. He'll be doing that to you for the next 18 years or so, in one form and another.

 
At 3:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home