Friday, December 15, 2006

Still Searching

Yesterday, I thought I had found a suitable vehicle. I went and test drove it and even talked the salesman down by $450 to get the price where I wanted it. It drove well enough, and since I have realized that I am looking for a $5000 - $10000 car but only looking to spend $2000, I WILL have to settle for something that I don't exactly consider perfect.

We got home from the test drive and of course I have been asking Michael for his advice on the matter. We paid the 25 bucks for one month of unlimited Carfax reports (which is well worth the money if you're looking for a used vehicle as avidly as I am) and the report on this particular SUV looked fine. But I was not totally convinced. Mike kept telling me that it's my money and my decision since I will be the one driving it the most.

When I went to bed last night I fully intended on purchasing the vehicle this afternoon, so long as the "dealer" went and got the darn thing to pass inspection. But every time I thought about buying the truck, I got nervous. My heart would start pounding and I'm pretty sure by blood pressure shot up, and not in the good way like it did when I bought my little Ranger Truck.

Something in my gut was warning me not to buy this little SUV, so I heeded the warning and am still in the process of looking for a suitable vehicle. I e-mailed a couple of people who posted there car/truck/SUV online for the amount of money I have to spend. Hopefully, someone with the "perfect vehicle" will post something and reply to my questions. Maybe, just maybe some wife or husband will get mad at their spouse and sell a really awesome car for $2000. Or maybe I will find something that doesn't make my skin crawl when I think about giving up my money for it.

Until then (hopefully "then" will come before the end of the year ... I don't want to have to rush things right before Ethan is born) I will keep trusting my gut instinct. It was my gut that told me to buy my Ranger Truck, and in spite of getting run into twice and shot at and broken into once, that little Ford has never let me down mechanically. If you ignore the time I ran out of gas, which was my bad anyway.

2 Comments:

At 10:28 PM, Blogger Ronni said...

I have always told you to trust your instincts, so, do it. I love you. Your vehicle is out there.

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger Ronni said...

Don't buy anything just yet. You may have more money than you think.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home