T-Minus 8 Weeks and Counting ...
I had an appointment with the Doc today. I'll be seeing him every two weeks for the next month or so, and then once a week until it's time to rip the baby from my loins. Everything is fine, as usual, and all of my worries and pains and everything are normal. He tells me that every time, but I still don't believe him. I'm such a BABY! Guess I better get over that pretty quickly, huh?
The Doc penciled in a date for the C-Section. I won't have a definite date and time until the Surgery Scheduler calls sometime in the next 7 days to confirm date and time and all of that what-not. It feels a little strange that Ethan's not coming for another 8 weeks or so, and I'll know his birthday before hand.
Of course, it's not an exact science. Ethan could decide he wants to come earlier than that just to keep things exciting for us. I shouldn't speak of these things too much, though. I wouldn't want to give him any bright ideas.
I found out I should be in hospital for 2 to 4 days for recovery and then they'll ship me home and we're on our own! It sure is a good thing that I have my Mom close by, as well as other family and friends who might as well be family. I don't know how people move so far away from the ones who love them and support them. My Mom's only five minutes away and sometimes even that seems too far!
I called my insurance company to verify what all is covered and found out that they cover everything after a $250 co-pay for the surgery. Unless, God forbid, Ethan has to stay in the hospital longer than I do, everything will be covered for that $250!
Man I'm glad I picked the good coverage! I actually went through all of the options this time and made sure I got the good plan. The Company offered us 5 or 6 different plans to choose from, and I made sure I picked one that did not have any deductibles or hidden charges I would be responsible for. Go Me! My co-pays are a little higher, but what the heck? I know how bad my health is, so I invested.
I also got a FLU SHOT. I absolutely, positively, without a doubt HATE getting shots. For as long as I can remember, I get dizzy and woozy any time anybody injects something into my muscle. Sometimes I even faint. Take my blood, I'm fine. Give me an IV, it hurts, but I'm fine. I spent a small segment of my life shooting myself up with street drugs, NO PROB! But a licensed nurse comes at me with a flu shot or RhoGam or a tetanus shot (dammit, I'm due for one of those, too) and I can't handle it. Go figure.
So the baby shower is in less than a month. Mom got her invite already. I'm not sure what to do, I've never had anyone throw me a shower before. Am I supposed to bring something other than myself? I guess not, or Mike's Aunt would have told me so already. I suppose all I need to bring is myself, my belly (for those games people like to play where measuring is involved), and my truck to take home the prezzies. I hope it doesn't rain!
About five weeks after that, Ethan should be here! I still can't decide whether I'm excited or scared shitless or some combination of the two. I can't wait to meet him! I want to see those little feet that are starting to settle themselves under my ribs. I want to just hold him and feed him and fall asleep with him on my chest. Sleep deprivation I could do without, but since I'm already getting used to not sleeping due to being so uncomfortable, I think I can handle that as well. I sure hope so anyway!
8 weeks ... so much time, yet so little.


1 Comments:
For heaven's sake, delete this idiot, Vanessa!
I'm getting excited about Ethan, as well.
I'll promise to fall asleep with you and he.
You know I'll help all I can!
Post a Comment
<< Home