Starting to Get Real

Michael's Mom bought us a crib! She had me pick one out of a catalog and she ordered it and we picked it up from her house yesterday. We got it put together in about a hour last night, and it's BEAUTIFUL! Now I have to decide where to put it.
Naturally, it goes in the nursery, but I can't decide which wall to put it on. I'll have to wait for a sunny day to see where the sunlight falls in the evening to make sure it won't be in Ethan's eyes or something. Unfortunately, it's a little too big to fit on the wall between the windows, or I would move the little dresser someplace else and put it there.
That room is really turning into the "Baby's Room" quite quickly! I already painted the letters for his name to go on the wall. (I can't figure out where to put those, either.) I'll probably hang them above his crib, I think they'll fit nicely there. I just have to shop around and find a small dresser that's about waist high to use as a changing table. I REFUSE to pay $300 for a changing table! I should be able to find a dresser in the same type of "natural" wood as the crib for less than that, right?
I was a little apprehensive about Mike's Mom spending as much as she did for the crib, since I had picked one at Wal-Mart for less than half the price, but I do have to say that this is much nicer than the one I had picked. It will grow with Ethan from a crib to a toddler bed, and when the time comes for a real bed, we can attatch the ends to a bed frame and they become headboard and footboard! Too Cool!
Ethan is getting much stronger, too. While we were putting together the crib, (that means Mike was putting it together while I handed him stuff) I was sitting on the floor and Ethan started moving around. It was tickling my ribcage on the right side, so I put a little pressure there on the top of my belly to attempt to dissuade him from cracking my rib. He replied by kicking my hand ... HARD! It made me giggle because I could feel his tiny little foot there and it was SO COOL!
Wednesday when I was at the Doc's office they had me drink the jug of sugar juice for the Glucose Screening Test. It wasn't as bad as people make it out to be. (The shot of RhoGam was ten times worse!) By the time the doctor came in to poke and prod, the sugar hit Ethan. Dr. M. put the doppler on my belly to check his heart rate, and Ethan kicked it! Then he kicked the other side of my belly and it took the doc longer to get his rhythm because I couldn't stop giggling so much!
So now it's really getting close to crunch time and it's really starting to sink in that I'm going to have a baby in a little less than three months. It's closer to two and a half now, because the C-section will be done about a week before the due date. Doc says we'll probably schedule the surgery at the next visit or the one after. If that doesn't make it really real for me, I don't know what will.


4 Comments:
It's a beautiful crib! Send her a card!
Well I did tell her thank you when we picked it up. She told us to let her know when Mike got it put together so she can come and see it, so I was thinking about making a nice lunch next weekend and having them over to say thanks. That gives me a whole week to get the house presentable.
Sounds very thoughtful, Nessa. I'm more than proud of you!
Hey, Nessa, can you get me to Tcloud at 9:30?
Post a Comment
<< Home