Thursday, December 07, 2006

Jasmine

I ate lunch and did a little Christmas shopping with Jasmine and Heather today. Tuesday Jazz's counts had been low and she had a slight fever, but she seemed to be doing well today. We parted ways about 1:00 because I had to get home and wrap Mike's prezzie and they had to go into Austin for Thursday bloodwork.

Heather called me a little while ago and told me that Jazz's fever is now over 100 and her counts are so low today that they are admitting her to the Children's Hospital for a blood transfusion and other monitoring. The doctors aren't surprised, but I am.

She has been doing exceedingly well with all of her chemotherapy treatments thus far, I just assumed she would keep it up. Heather told me that she has been far above average so far, so comparatively speaking, her being admitted is upsetting for us, but fairly normal for the way things normally go. A lot of kids end up getting blood transfusions after every treatment, so Jasmine has been way ahead of the game.

I asked how long she would be in there and Heather said probably for three days or so. She knows that aside from taking Mom to and from work, I don't do anything all day and I let her know that if she needs something all she has to do is call.

Jasmine won't have to go back to Houston until after Christmas. I believe she has one more round of Chemo and then they take her in for surgery to replace her femur. After that is physical therapy to learn how to walk again and then she'll continue chemo until July 2007. Hopefully after that is done everyone's prayers will be answered and we will hear the magic word.

Until then, we just keep hoping and praying for strength. For this sweet little girl who we love so much, and for ourselves.

1 Comments:

At 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking positive thoughts for dear Jasmine, Vanessa.

Life is so unfair to some people. You have been an excellent friend to the family. I know this is not an easy time for you either.

Well done! I hope you get to hear those magic words concerning Jasmine.

Bless you all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home